You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 am

Rayne watched as Zedekiah left, and let her already loosening grip on the stick and stake go, hearing the stake clatter to the ground. She heard Tiveon's muffled steps, steps she'd know anywhere... She was suddenly tipping, swaying. B-Because of that hole, the blood loss..

She became aware that her heart was barely beating. The world started to tilt around her. Or was she tilting? The pavement was getting closer, closer, closer...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am

Tiveon dropped to his knees, catching Rayne in his arms before she hit the ground. He felt the wetness of her clothes, saturated in blood, and a sob ripped out of his chest before he could stop it. Tiveon turned her in his arms and cupped her face in one hand, crying to her softly, "Look at me, Rayne! Look at me, stay awake, just hang on!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:21 am

Rayne felt herself being moved, shifted around, and Tiveon's chilled hand touched her hot cheek. She brought her wavering gaze to him, h-he was crying. She tried to reach her hand to wipe his tears away but her arm didn't make it, simply draping itself over her stomach. No more strength there, either...

"I-I'm t-trying," she wheezed. I-I sound weak...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:26 am

Tiveon leaned in and kissed her once before moving his hand from his cheek to her chest, over the wound, and he began to send in healing energy. "Hang on," he kept whispering, to reassure himself more than her. "Hang on. I'll heal it. Hang on, hang on."

The wound closed. But he couldn't muster the energy to restore all of the blood she'd lost. His spirit stopped, and Tiveon gasped for breath, hugging Rayne tight against him. "I-I-I'll get you b-back," he stammered. "T-t-to the hospital, a blood t-transfusion, y-you'll be fine." He started toward his feet, but he'd weakened himself, and simply slid back down. No! No!
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

Rayne glanced down at his hand over her chest, saw the wound close, but nothing returned to how it should be. She forced herself to bring her gaze back to him and whispered softly, "I-I don't think...t-think I'll get a s-second c-chanc e this time."

Last edited by Wolfdra on Thu May 15, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:35 am

"No!" Tiveon cried, rocking her back and forth as he gasped for breath desperately. "You'll be fine! You will!" He held his hand up to try again, but his breaths were too tremulous and his body was threatening to give out from the amount of spirit he'd exerted in the fight. "Rayne...!" He moved his head down to hers, touching his cheek to hers as his tears slid down onto her face.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:45 am

"I-I'm s-sorry," Rayne choked out. "T-T-This is my f-fault..." All she could feel were his tears... She didn't even hurt anymore. She felt his warmth against her cheek, his tears falling onto her skin. She couldn't feel her body shaking, couldn't feel the sheen of sweat that'd settled over her. "I... I love you, T-Tiveon...'
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 am

"Don't leave me!" Tiveon sobbed, pulling her even closer, as though it'd prevent her from the call of death. "I need you! Your mother, Tyler, Delilah's memory, you're needed, you can't!" He stroked her hair desperately. "I love you. I love you, don't give in, I need you, I need you...!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm

"I don't...have any choice..." She moved her head just enough to give him a very light kiss, but her eyes drifted closed. Her body shuddered, and her voice lowered, but all that came out was simply just mashed up words that made no sense. Eventually, it got to the point where her body relaxed, and her head fell against his body, her chest unmoving.

Rayne Lazar, the redheaded guardian who'd lasted through so much, come so far, was dead. Another victim of Zedekiah's, another guardian killed to protect the one she'd sworn herself to, to protect the one she loved so dearly...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Tiveon kissed her back as she kissed him, but he felt her body relax at last. He stiffened, unable to move for a moment. Then he shook her. "Rayne," he tried. "Rayne." He took her chin and turned her face toward his. "Rayne." Tiveon touched his fingers to her neck, but there was nothing. No pulse. A chill ran through his body.

"No."

It wasn't supposed to end like this.

"No."

For all she'd done and faced for him, for all they'd gone through together, for all of her sacrifice and bravery, how could her life just be smote - just like that?

"No," he moaned in grief, ducking his head down as he wept, his body shuddering almost to the intensity of a seizure. He sought her presence mentally, reaching out, struggling to find it and pull her back, but nothing - nothing - nothing! As though before the days he'd shadow-kissed her, it was just his mind and his mind alone. Once upon a time he'd relished the idea of having his thoughts to himself, but no! He couldn't now! He felt alone, he was alone, he couldn't live without his thoughts brushing hers like a soft caress even as they stood yards away from each other! Nothing, there was nothing, she was gone.

"You can't," Tiveon went on, his breaths deep and shuddering. "You can't leave me. It's not fair. This isn't fair." Anger began to well in place of his disbelief and grief. "Zedekiah couldn't kill you. He couldn't! He couldn't kill Delilah either, he can't kill you! Wake up!" He shook her again. "Wake up! Wake up! I won't let you go, this isn't over! You can't just leave so many people alone in this hell!!"

He ripped a stake out of his pocket, a charmed stake he carried with him out of habit more than anything else now. "The world needs you," he hissed. "We were meant to have a happily ever after. We were going to kill Zedekiah. I was going to ask you to marry me, damn it!" Another sob tore from him, making his throat ache, but he focused enough to drain the spirit from the stake he held in his grip. Then he pulled the necklace he'd given Rayne from her neck, and drained the spirit from that as well. He leaned Rayne against him and held his arms out, feeling spirit linger in the air from the confrontation with Zedekiah, and inhaled it like oxygen.

"This isn't over," he growled into the night. He flattened both of his hands over Rayne's chest, eyes shut in frustration even as tears continued to leak down his cheeks. And spirit drained from his fingertips and into her body, encouraging the red blood cells of her body to start dividing at a rate almost impossible to replenish her blood. Tiveon willed the decomposition that had begun the moment her heartbeat stopped to reverse, willed the darkness that had swallowed Rayne's life to relinquish it.

I can't bring her back from death twice, he'd once told Marianne Duntra.

"I can," he whispered, "and I will!" She had too much to live for. She had lived through too much for it just to be ripped away from her, not when she'd fought so hard for it!!

The spirit had begun to glow against Rayne's chest, blinding even him. He shut his eyes, but didn't stop. He felt his own reserves draining rapidly, saw black spots appearing in his eyes, but he pushed it back. "Not until she breaths!" he snapped at his own sanity, his own endurance. "I refuse! We were stronger, Rayne! We are!" he told her. "You told me we were stronger and just never knew it. We are! I am, and you won't fall to this!"

And then his spirit snapped to a halt. He'd used--all of it. He forced two or three small little spurts. Then he was done. But she wasn't breathing yet. Tiveon felt his mind scrambling, his coherence fading as blackness threatened to take his consciousness, but he shook his head. He pulled his hands away and focused hard, taking deep, heavy breaths. Come on. Come on. Spirit accumulated in his fingertips.

He used them as a defibrillator. He pressed his hands to Rayne's chest. He slammed the spirit into her, directing it toward her heart, and ripped his hands away.

Tiveon couldn't even move to check if it worked. He slumped over, his head falling to her upper abdomen as he gasped for breath, sweat forming a sheen over his body as he shuddered from combined loss and strain. He fought for awareness, struggling to stay conscious. "Rayne, please," he said softly. "Wake up..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:11 pm

She couldn't feel anything. She couldn't hear anything. Not even her own breathing. Was she even breathing?

Several minutes passed. Were they minutes? She didn't know, wasn't aware. Her eyes opened to deluded colors, but she was in the street. Where she'd been with Tiveon, where she'd fought Zedekiah with him. She slowly sat up, looking down at her chest. Still bloody. She looked around, but her eyes immediately settled on Tiveon holding and trying to revive her.

No... Revive her body.

The light was strong, even if it was more muted. "Not until she breaths! I refuse! We were stronger, Rayne! We are! You told me we were stronger and just never knew it. We are! I am, and you won't fall to this!"

Tiveon, stop it. She tried to tell him. She didn't hear a reply, and he just kept going, ignoring her if he did hear her. That was the thing, though... She didn't feel anything from him. None of the grief, rage, desperation he so clearly portrayed. She...honestly felt calm.

She finally went over, crawling over to sit in front of him, watching him with a deep frown as he kept trying to do anything to bring her back. She tried to reach her hand forward, but it simply went through his arm. "Tiveon..."

She watched the last bits of his spirit leak from his finger tips, watched the strain make itself apparent. Her frown went deeper, but she felt two hands on her shoulder, both of which belonged to different people.

"Dushen'ka (Darling), it is not yet your time to wander here," Delilah's voice said softly.

"Tiveon's right, Rayne, you've still got a lot to do," her uncle pressed. Tears started to fill her eyes at hearing their voices, but they both then pushed her forward towards Tiveon.

She felt a spike of spirit bloom in her chest, felt it demand that her heart muscles start to work again.

It complied, working overtime to pull her back from the void that was clinging to her mind. The haze started to clear, and she was aware that Tiveon had settled himself over her abdomen. It was then that her heart gave a start, her eyes shot open, and she sucked in an enormous breath of air, desperate for the oxygen. She drew in huge gulps of air, her mind racing with awareness once again, and she finally brought her gaze to Tiveon's pale face. "T-Tiveon...!"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Nothing happened...

She wasn't breathing...

He'd failed...

Tears began to race down Tiveon's cheeks again, but it wasn't sobbing or weeping or pleading now, just a silent crying that drained his body more than sobbing ever could have. I'm so sorry... Why, why did this happen...

Then she gasped.

Tiveon yanked his head up, despite how his head spun, and stared at her. her eyes were open. They were aware.

She was breathing.

"Rayne!" Tiveon gasped, yanking her up into his chest and kissing her hard, crashing his lips into hers hard enough their teeth clashed, making him flinch in pain, but he didn't care. She was alive! She was breathing! He felt her heartbeat racing under his fingertips! Her face was blooming with color again. She was alive. She was alive!

"I love you!" he exclaimed, tears simply of relief taking over as he rocked her back and forth again. "I love you, I love you!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Rayne pressed into Tiveon as he pulled her into his arms and kissed him back, but flinched as well as their teeth clashed against each other. "I-I love you too," Rayne said, wrapping her arms around him tightly as well. "I love you too, so much..."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm

"I thought I lost you," he sobbed then, resting his head against her chest to hear her heartbeat, relishing every one he heard. "Oh, God, I thought I lost you..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:37 pm

"I-I thought you did too," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

"Oh, my sweet Rayne," Tiveon breathed, lifting his head to kiss her once again. However, his head started to spin, and his eyes drooped. "I...used," he said weakly, "too much spirit..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Rayne smiled at him, but then frowned at feeling him start to drift. I told you to stop! She blinked, frowning even more, but shook her head. "Y-You'll be okay. I'll get us to the hospital."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

"Are you sure?" he rasped, moving to get to his feet, helping her as well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 1:54 pm

"Well, I'm the more coherent of us now," Rayne said in a gentle tease. "We'll be fine. I don't know how they'll react to our clothes, though..." She took his arm around her shoulders after gathering her stake and helped him off towards his car.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Tiveon went with her, clinging her most likely more just to hold her rather than for true support. "I love you," he said again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 pm

"I love you too," she repeated back. "This is...the second time you've revived me from certain death. You're just...full of surprises, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Tiveon smiled a little. "I guess I am," he said quietly. "Maybe I'm more stubborn than even I knew."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Rayne smiled even more then herself and opened the back seat for Tiveon. "Get in, you could probably relax while we're on the way. No passing out though...got it?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 3:13 pm

"I'll try," Tiveon said. "The same for you." He got into the back and slumped, rubbing his hand over his face. When she got in and started the car, he reached around the seats for her hand, leaning forward to kiss her knuckles and holding onto it tightly. "God, I love you..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu May 15, 2014 3:32 pm

"I love you too, Tiveon," she replied softly, allowing him to take her hand as she kept her other on the steering wheel. Soon enough, and without other incident, the two made it to the hospital. Rayne pulled into a parking spot into the early hours of morning, turning the car off at last and letting her head hang back against the driver's seat. I'm so tired, so exhausted... She looked back to Tiveon, finally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next