You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Jenna followed beside him with a light smile.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Tyler smiled a little more and said, "No dirty jokes yet."

---

When the beeping changed, it was hope that made Timur lift his head. Hope that her eyes would open again. Her eyes weren’t open, though; she was still as death. Slowly, the hope seeped out of him again, and he let his head fall to the mattress again, closing his eyes with a soft sigh.

The beeping turned erratic again, but in a way he didn’t expect. Instead of speeding up, there was a skip. Timur lifted his head again and glanced up at her heart monitor, his own heart skipping a beat to see there was a rather long flat line between her two last beats. It went normally for a few seconds, then flattened again for too long.

“What the hell? Diana?” Timur whispered, in a bit of panic. He turned to her and took her hand, squeezing it tightly in both of his and giving it a small shake. “Wake up, come on, don’t…”

Again, flat line. But this time it went on for almost five seconds before there was a beat, and then it didn’t catch another for another ten seconds. Timur’s heart pounded too hard against his chest, and he hit the button on her bed to call a nurse before rushing over to the door, unintentionally knocking over a chair. He peered out and spotted a doctor walking around a corner, and yelled, “Wait! Wait, come back, help!”

There was a small squeal coming from the heart monitor signaling a flat line that hadn’t stopped for the past ten seconds. Tears spiked in Timur’s eyes, and he tried to force them back, his breathing unsteady and uncontrolled. No, no! No, Diana, no! His hands shook unsteadily as the doctor rushed into the room, and Timur sank against the wall as the doctor grabbed Diana’s arm, lifting it and holding his fingers to her wrist.

Timur closed his eyes, and the tears spilled over, wrenching a sob from him. No, no…!

Then the beats came back. Normal and steady as ever. Timur snapped his gaze up and stared at the monitor. The doctor was on Diana’s other side now, readjusting her other arm. He asked Timur, “Did she wake up and some point, or did you move her arm, or anything?”

“I-I, I, I hold her hand,” Timur said weakly, his voice still rattling with fear and withheld sobs.

“The wire that monitors her heart was jostled. It’s nothing, just a hiccup.” The doctor frowned.

“She’s okay?” Timur rasped, tears breaking free again. The man nodded.

“She’s fine. Are you two engaged?” When Timur shook his head, the doctor frowned. “You’re always here, though. Are you really just friends?” At that, Timur shrugged and stared at Diana’s face, wishing to see some sign of life there. The doctor finally said, “You love her.”

“I love her more than life itself,” Timur mumbled quietly. Even if life is absolute shit right now. “My brother is Strigoi. My mother and father are grieving and my mother won’t see me because I sided with the person she blames. Diana is my best friend and I’ve loved her for so long and I can’t leave…I can’t leave her, I-I…” But she could leave me, in as much as a heartbeat… But she’s all I have now, all I can…think about!

“This is Diana Russel,” the doctor said thoughtfully. “I’ve seen her reports. She’s stable. She’s going to wake up, whether it’s sooner or later. She’s not in any danger right now, I can tell you that. The recovery she’s made at this point is astounding.”

“Then why won’t she wake now?” Timur queried softly.

“Because she’s recovering, but that’s not completely recovered. She faced something horrific, something traumatic. It’s not just injury that will keep someone from waking up from a coma. Trauma is a restrictor too. When her brain has recovered, she will still need to heal from whatever happened to her. That’s when she’ll start waking up, not as much as she should, but she will, and it will get better until she’s normal again. That’s the hypothesis right now, and I don’t foresee it changing any time soon.”

Timur didn’t respond. No matter how much I need you, or anyone needs you… The doctor moved to his side and patted his shoulder. “Just be careful with her wiring. It’s all right.” He nodded to the young man and stepped out, returning to where he’d been going. Timur still didn’t move.

All right? All right?! Nothing is all right! Nothing at all, and I’m starting to doubt it will be ever again! Timur shut the door to the room and went to the bed, staring at Diana. As gently as he possibly could, and keeping an eye on her wires now, he scooted her a few inches to the side before he slid onto the edge of the bed, gently putting an arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his arms, softly as he could. Feeling her against him, and finding she didn’t smell much like Diana anymore but more of the hospital, his tears broke free again.

He began to weep in earnest, holding her close to him and trying to stifle his sobs against the pillow. “Don’t scare me like that, don’t scare me like that again!” Timur whispered desperately, though knowing he’d been the one who caused it. “Diana, God, come back to me. Come back to me. I need you. I know you’ve been alone through some of your life, but I need you. I need you. Don’t ever leave. I’m begging you.”
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 pm

"We could grind and it would get dirty pretty quick."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 pm

"We could, but we don't have to."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 pm

"What, you wanna do it dry?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Tyler flushed. "J-Jenna."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Jenna snickered. "I'm kidding, geez."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Tyler smirked a bit. "That wasn't nice."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:39 pm

"But it was a tiny bit funny."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 am

"It was funny," Tyler agreed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:10 am

Your face was kind of funny too. Jenna glanced to the sky then.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 am

Tyler looked up as well. "See anything?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 am

"I think that's called a 'sky'," Jenna commented.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:03 am

Tyler smirked faintly. "I meant like a shape or anything."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 am

"Oh. No."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 am

"There's a cloud over there that looks like a bird." Tyler pointed it out to her. "Just next to the moon, see?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am

"Yeah, I do. It's cool."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 pm

"Cool, but not interesting until you see its dick, huh?" Tyler grinned. "That's how Rayne and I became friends, you know. She was drawing a picture of a dog and she put its dick on there, and I pointed it out."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Jenna laughed. "I thought you said you met in kindergarten!"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm

"Yeah, we did," Tyler agreed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:20 pm

"What the fuck was she doing drawing dog dicks then?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

"She always had an eye for detail," Tyler snickered.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:31 pm

"Apparently the right ones," Jenna said.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Tyler laughed. About a half hour later, he finally returned to the inn with her, going to her room with her upon insisting he see her off. Once there, he smiled a little. "I had a lot of fun today," he said. "Thanks, Jenna."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:45 pm

"Today was fun," Jenna agreed. "Thanks for being dragged along to Spenser's with me." She smirked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next