You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm

I am not, child... Delilah nodded faintly. "I have a few, yes."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm

"Tell me, tell me!"

Timur snickered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Delilah smiled faintly and looked around, spotting a char a little farther away. She held her arms out, and said, "I can carry you over there."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Star reached out without hesitation and stepped into Delilah's arms, wrapping her arms around her neck.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Delilah lifted her up and went to the chair, sitting down and positioning her on her lap. "Hm, what first...."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Star watched her closely with bright eyes and a wide smile, literally quivering with anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 am

"Ah, I know..." Delilah smiled, then, and started on a story about a young merchant's son named Ivan who wanted to learn to speak the language of the birds. He went out hunting one day, and came upon a nest of chicks. He saved them from an oncoming storm by using his hunting cloak. The storm passed and the mother bird returned, delighted that her chicks were safe. She then granted him the ability to speak the language of the birds.

Later on, while sitting with his family at dinner, Ivan heard a nightingale's wails outside and became distressed by it. His father insisted on knowing what the nightingale was crying about, and Ivan responded that it told him that he would be a king's son instead of a merchant's, and that his father would serve as his servant. His parents, worried by what this all mean, put him out on a boat and sent him out to sea.

While out at sea, another merchant found him and brought him aboard his ship. Ivan warned that the birds hovering over them told him of an oncoming storm, but the merchant paid no mind. The ship was hit badly, and while they were repairing the ship, Ivan warned him that this time, pirates were coming to raid them. They hid below deck and the pirates passed them by without stopping.

The merchant and Ivan finally made it to a shoretown, where Ivan heard rumors that the local king there was plagued by three crows that always perched at his window. He offered his youngest daughter's hand in marriage to whoever could make them go. Ivan went to listen to the birds, heard their plight, and went to the king. He described that the birds requested a royal decision. The young bird did not know whether to leave with its father or mother. 

The king made a choice, the young crow should go with its father. The crows left, the mother crow left alone. The king then married his young daughter to Ivan, and gave him half his kingdom. 

It was, by that point, that his father realized what a mistake he'd made in sending his only son alone to sea. At hearing of his good health and title, his father went to Ivan, begging for him to take him back. Ivan took his parents in, gave them food and bed, and also gave them jobs at the castle. He also told them that the nightingale's wails came true.

---

Rayne had tracked Tyler down, and had gone to lunch with him, but was now sitting outside with him, sitting on a ledge with him that was overlooking the 'safehouse' that Delilah had brought them too. She'd explained she'd really gone to 'see' Tiveon when she made the excuse about Justin, but had also gone on to explain about what Tiveon'd found regarding Delilah. "That was the night he 'left' Zedekiah," Rayne muttered. "But that was also the day that Sylvest and I went to scope it out." She paused, and then said, "He...saw burns, too. Big ones. I...think that might've been why she was so scared of coming into the light." 

She frowned deeply and looked off into the distance. "I just... God, if he's done that to her, over something she couldn't have really foreseen, I...I can't even begin to imagine what else she's put up with. When other things have been out of her control, when it has been her 'fault'. Hell, he's probably done shit to her just for the fun of it." She wrapped her arms around herself in a hug. "Over 200 years of putting up with that..."

---

Sylvester had been relaxing in his room but heard a soft knock at the door. He'd called Claire and they'd gotten to talking, but, rather inevitably, the topic got to when they'd met Rayne, Tyler, and Delilah during their 'date', with Claire's curiosity finally getting the better of her. So, he'd made a deal with her. He'd tell her if she came to his room, but not for only a check-up. He straightened his shirt and smoothed it out before he got up and went to the door. He opened it and smiled to her before holding it open so she could come in. "Claire," he said gently. Pretty as ever...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Star listened avidly, almost unblinking as she absorbed the story. She reacted appropriately, letting out a small gasp of awe when Ivan learned the language and then a small pout when he was cast away from his family. Her eyes lit up as he saved the ship from the pirates and then widened when he went to live in the castle after helping the King. At the story's conclusion, she smiled at hearing that the family was reunited despite the father becoming Ivan's servant. "At least they were all together in the end, that's what matters," she said happily. "I want to learn the language of the birds!"

---

Tyler listened to Rayne silently, his concerned frown growing more and more pronounced as she went on. When she hugged herself he scooted closer to her side and wrapped an arm around her. He stayed silent for a few more moments before clearing his throat. "She's free from it now though, Rayne," he said softly. "There's nothing we can do to make her forget, or really mend those wounds, but... We're here for her. She knows that. We can't offer much more than that, Rayne. She knows we'll listen to whatever she wants to tell us and help as much as we can, but there's nothing we can do to change what he did to her."

---

Claire smiled when Sylvester opened the door. She wore a summer dress, quite different from anything she'd been seen wearing in the past, really. She nodded to him in thanks and slid into the room, turning to look up at him. "How are you?" she asked with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Delilah nodded lightly at Star's response and smirked faintly. "Perhaps one day you can, little Star."

---

Rayne rested her head on Tyler's shoulder, and muttered, "I know... I-I just feel so bad for her..."

---

Sylvester closed the door behind him and smiled to her. "Good," he replied. "I can order some food if you want any later," he said.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:38 pm

"Do you know any more?" Star asked hopefully.

---

"I do too," Tyler maundered softly. "I hate that we can't do more for her."

---

Claire nodded lightly. "Sounds good. Are you dressed up?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm

"I know another," Delilah muttered softly. She spoke of a king and queen who lived happily with one another, but the king got restless. He wanted to fight and win glory. He set out against a wicked king, but lost and was captured. He sent a letter to his wife asking for a ransom for him.

The queen, in her wisdom, thought that if she went as herself, that the wicked king would take her as one of his wives, and she did not trust the king's advisers. So, she cut her hair, disguised herself as a man, and set out with a harp. She reached the court of the wicked king and charmed him with her music. He was so enthralled that he allowed her any wish she wanted. She replied she wanted a companion with her on her way back, and so she asked for one of his prisoners. He let her do so, and so she picked the king. They left the next day.

They went back to their country without the king finding out who she was, and she left him before he returned. The king became angry that his wife had not ransomed him, and grew even angrier at hearing that she vanished and just returned, assuming she'd gone to see another man. She disguised herself as the harp player again.

She went to his court and played him her beautiful music. He also became enthralled with her music, and promised her whatever she wished. She replied that she wanted him, and revealed herself to be the Queen. They lived happily together after that.

Delilah finished the story, but fought a dark frown that tried to make its way onto her face. I doubt that's how it ended, if it were true. He likely beat and raped her as punishment. We were not rewarded for being 'clever', then. She forced her thoughts back and forced a small smile. "Did you like that?"

---

Rayne frowned and took Tyler's hand. She muttered, "This just sucks."

---

Sylvester looked at himself and back to her. "No more than you," he teased.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 pm

"I did!" Star said, completely enthralled just as the kings had been. "She must've been so brave!" She gave a bright smile and asked, almost cunningly, "Are you the queen?"

---

Tyler squeezed her hand gently, closing his eyes. "We'll figure something out," he mumbled softly.

---

Claire looked down at herself, back up at him, and huffed playfully.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Delilah smiled a little genuinely then and shook her head. "No, my mother told me that story when I was a little girl, too."

---

"I hope so," she said softly.

---

Sylvester grinned and went over to a chair, sitting down and watching her then.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:34 pm

"Maybe your mommy was the queen."

---

Tyler closed his eyes and pulled her a little closer.

---

Claire smirked. "I do still want to check on you. How have you been feeling? Any pain?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:46 pm

"Maybe she was," she agreed.

---

"Not unless I over stretch myself or move strangely," Sylvester replied. "I'm just happy to be rid of those damn casts."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm

"That'd make you a princess!"

---

Claire nodded. "I don't blame you." She walked over to sit in the chair next to his. "Everything else has healed up nicely? Talking doesn't hurt as much now?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 pm

"Maybe."

---

"No, it doesn't," he answered. "I'm fine, 'doctor'." He smirked then.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:37 pm

"No, that's how it works." Star nodded confidently.

---

Claire smirked back at him. "If you're certain."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 pm

"Is it?" Delilah asked, mostly to humor her.

---

Sylvester grinned and nodded. Teasingly, thoughnotinadirtyway, he said, "I could show you with a little sparring."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

"Yes. That's how it worked in Tangled! She was the queen's daughter so she was a princess!"

---

Claire snickered softly. "How about you tell me what you promised to tell me about instead?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 pm

...Tangled? Delilah only gave her a small nod but glanced up in total bewilderment at Timur.

---

"Oh...I guess you'd want the long version this time, huh?" Sylvester sighed. "Well, back when I was a Strigoi, it happened before Fee attacked the school. Before Hector got restored, and before those two kids were awakened." He frowned. "We, me, Fee, Hector, had all met those Strigoi that attacked the Court a while back, Zedekiah and his girl. Fee got pissed with them because they'd been on our territory back then. It's kind of a weird thing with Strigoi. Anyway, she...went to face them alone. We had no idea what he could do, and she...almost died. She was shredded, bones broken, muscles stripped. Nothing a human could survive through.

"She came back a few days later. I left a week after that, and was gone a week too. I'd gone to find them, only I was careful. I'd been watching, following them, looking for a point where he'd be alone... I finally had it, and took it. Almost ripped his head away from his neck and his arm from his body. Almost."

He took a deep breath. "I still have no explanation other than he somehow used his spirit to tell her, or I'd fucked up along the way and she was watching me. I highly doubt the latter. I didn't believe Fee when she told me he used spirit, I thought she was full of shit. That woman... She was just...there all of a sudden, out of god damn no where. She pulled me off of Zedekiah and we got into a fight while he recovered. It was pretty even for a while, but I started to lose. She ripped my neck open, ripped skin and tissue away. Then she..." He sighed deeply. 

"She grabbed the same arm she'd clawed into in our more recent fight. She completely ripped it off, you may have seen a scar where she did. It got worse from there. My whole neck got torn up. She brought me to my knees, almost broke my back when she forced my head back." He fell silent, and said, "Then, she gouged out my eye, my right eye. Of course, after that, she did break my back. He told her not to kill me for whatever reason... After it, I ended up like Fee. When she was done though... You probably also saw that scar, she ripped my whole lower jaw off."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 am

Timur grinned and mouthed, "Movie."

Star reached up and began to play with a lock of Delilah's hair, smiling contently.

---

Claire listened quietly, her expression intent, though as the story progressed her eyes widened in shock and horror. At the descriptions of his mutilations, she forced herself not to look toward the parts of his body he specified, and stifled a shudder. She had seen a few thin white scars whenever she'd tended to him, but she'd put it off as maybe something that'd happened to him as human - not like he'd had limbs ripped off! Especially when he described what happened to his eye, she finally couldn't help the small shudder that shook her shoulders. At last, when he was finished, she stared at him in shock and even a little bit of sympathy. "Dear...God," she whispered. "I'm... I'm sorry. God. I had no idea, Sylvester."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 am

Delilah gave a slight nod then and looked back to Star.

---

Sylvester gave a light shrug and shook his head, muttering, "I didn't tell you to get sympathy points." He smirked faintly. "So, yeah, that's why I tried kicking her ass before. I don't know why she gave me a sour look before, other than she was pissed I got the better of her."

(Notthatfactshegotbeatasbadlyasyoudid)
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 am

"How old are you?" Star asked.

---

Claire shook her head. "Nonetheless... I can't even imagine."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:54 am

Much, much older than I should be, Delilah thought to herself. To Star, she replied, "I'm 27."

---

"It's...all under the bridge now," he said. "Can't do anything to change it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next