You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:53 pm

"You...did?" Rayne asked as she went after him, catching up to him and looked up to him.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:03 pm

St. Vladimir nodded. "He came after me as a Strigoi and I restored him. We...we were friends, for a time."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 pm

"Really...?" she muttered.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm

"His ambition was stronger than his friendship," St. Vladimir said softly, opened the doors to the church and stepping inside. "He tried to become King. You know that. I was to give a blessing to the one who was elected King. When Zedekiah did not win and I went to perform my duty, he went over the edge. He attacked the new King and cursed me, cursed what I was, promised to kill me. He was taken to Tarasov, the prison." He paused, and then continued even more quietly, "Strigoi were impressed with him. They helped him escape and awakened him a second time, though it is not supposed to be possible."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Rayne followed him in, remaining silent but shook her head at when St. Vladimir spoke of how he was awakened again. "No, it's not. It's also not supposed to be possible for them to use spirit either, but they can. How did he get awakened again, though?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm

"I don't know those details, I am sad to say. There are a few things I do know. I observed several things during my time, like his behaviors with certain people and what made him act a certain way. I saw how he affected certain people and how his spirit played a role. I kept entire records, and one day finally decided to expose that I was a spirit user and that the man known as Zedekiah Dragomir, once known to be dead, was alive."

He moved along the walls of the church until he was almost at the back, stopping at the brick wall there. "I did not get the chance. Nor did Anna."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Rayne stopped beside him and looked at the wall curiously before he looked up to Vladimir. "What happened?" she asked in a soft tone.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Vladimir let out a long, quiet, saddened sigh. "When Anna died the first time, it was his fault, you know. He sent the woman, Delilah, to kill us. Anna weakened her enough that she had to leave, but it wasn't before she killed Anna. That was what led me to shadow-kiss her." He frowned.

"Zedekiah and Delilah very literally sent me and Anna on the run. Zedekiah nearly caught me once, but instead of me he ended up destroying a majority of my records. All the proof, lost." He fell silent again for a time, and then finished softly, "Zedekiah began to pump darkness into Anna. It was not my darkness that killed her, but his. I...I could not go on from the guilt. I forgot almost everything that had to do with my well-being. If I was hungry, or thirsty, I did not notice it... I just could not go on."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Rayne frowned deeply as he went on, and eventually looked away. "I'm sorry," she muttered softly.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

"Do not be. You have no reason." Vladimir remained silent for a time, once again. "Delilah may have pursued us along with him, but...her aura was never pleased. It never matched the joy in Zedekiah's. Every time I ever saw her, it was repressed. Angry." He touched a hand to the wall after a moment, but nothing else. "Delilah Dunnett was an extremely powerful guardian in the days of the American Revolution, her service trusted to a member of the Tarus family. She was married. She had children. She somehow impressed Zedekiah, whether purposefully or inadvertently, and he made her his own personal guardian."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Rayne looked back up at him. "W-Wow... Wow. I can't imagine..."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:59 pm

"I also noticed something else. It was in one of the records he destroyed." Vladimir looked back at her. "When the darkness in Zedekiah's aura would accumulate, I would see it there one day. But then another day it would be gone. It would be in Delilah's aura instead. He shadow-kissed her when he awakened her. It's the only explanation I can come up with. Zedekiah created a dam of sorts, blocking the darkness. When it accumulates enough it starts to slip through the cracks, he gives it to Delilah so he doesn't have to deal with it."

He slowly scowled. "It's sickening. He uses her and she doesn't know any better due to her current frame of mind. She knows she is unhappy, but what other choice does she have? How could she realize that she is his weakness?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:07 pm

"Like they do to me?" she asked softly. As he went on, she shook her head. "Restore her?" Rayne asked softly. "But, how... How could I go about doing that, I can barely fight any of them..."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:11 pm

"There must be those who would help you," St. Vladimir murmured. Then he said, "Watch carefully, Rayne." He touched his hand to a brick in the wall, giving her a minute to register exactly which one. Then he pressed in on it.

A grinding sound filtered through the wall, and he continued to press in on it. The brick wall suddenly became a door, very slowly pushing in with his assistance, until it showed an extremely small and dusty closet-sized room with an alcove in the far wall, filled with papers.

"Those are what survived," Vladimir said softly. "You may be able to find something that could help you."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Rayne watched it in amazement and wandered inside, looking it over everything and back to him. "You've helped me so much already." She frowned lightly. "I...I never got to really thank you properly. Can it close and open from the inside too?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:15 am

St. Vladimir frowned. "I never considered it. The mechanics of the door should permit it, though it would be difficult to pull the brick rather than push it."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 am

Rayne nodded lightly and stepped out, looking up to him again.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:42 am

"There aren't many other ways for me to help you."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 am

"This is more than enough," Rayne said. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 am

"I will help you restore anyone you seek to restore," St. Vladimir promised.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 am

Rayne smiled faintly and nodded. "I need to get my stake to Lilly..."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:09 am

"If you explained to her," St. Vladimir murmured, "I could visit one of her dreams, and assist her."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:27 am

"To help her do it? I will."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 am

Vladimir nodded.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 am

"Do you really think Delilah could be restored...? I-I mean, if you knew her, if she was alive during the American Revolution... That all means that she's hundreds of years old."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next