You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Delilah watched him quietly, watching his indisicion, and watched him go. Her eyes lingered on the door, but she turned her gaze back to the book, having kept her place as she started reading again.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Zedekiah made it out to the main area of the warehouse and stuffed his hands into his pockets, looking around at all of the empty rooms. "Idiots," he growled under his breath. They should've learned by now to gauge their time and return before dawn. Tiveon, he was sure, just didn't want to stick with all of the other Strigoi. Lissa was probably the same. Of course, there could be a few runners. If they hadn't returned by nightfall, he would find them.

Zedekiah inhaled deeply, but paused. There was a scent on the air... Familiar, but unfamiliar... Like a scent he hadn't smelled in some time. He narrowed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Rayne and Sylvester kept inching closer, but only dared to go a foot or so closer. They were still a good distance away, but also didn't have the cover of night to completely hide them. They'd taken to whispering now, with Rayne suggesting they could even head back, but Sylvester caught her arm when she was about to start back. "Hold on," he said softly. "I think I heard movement inside. Keep your head down."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Rayne, love, is that you? Zedekiah suddenly wondered. And...the one who nearly beheaded me?
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:21 pm

"He knows we're here," Rayne muttered.

"Who?"

"Fucking Zedekiah," Rayne growled. "That's who's inside." She paused. "You almost beheaded him?"

"Almost is the keyword," Sylvester muttered.

"Holy Hell, dude."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes, that was before Delilah stepped in, Zedekiah interrupted their conversation. Step inside and join us in conversation, won't you?
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:25 pm

No. Rayne responded. "He can't come out here, we can go."

Sylvester frowned, glancing to the skyline. "We have a few hours of daylight left, we can head back."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh. What a shame. I thought you'd want to come in and speak to your mother as well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 pm

What?

"Rayne?" Sylvester asked.

"H-He says he has mom," she muttered.

"He might be lying," Sylvester muttered back.

"And if he isn't?" she asked a little fearfully.

"What proof do you actually have? He's a fucking Strigoi, they know how to use personal weaknesses against you, that's how they are, you know this."

"B-But what if-"

"Stop," Sylvester growled.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Zedekiah thought back to the one time he'd spoken to Marianne over phone a few days before, and began to manipulate her voice in his mind as though he were hearing it out loud and transmitting it to Rayne.

R-Rayne, I'm s-sorry, just go! Don't worry about me...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Rayne froze at hearing what was supposedly her mother's voice and started forward towards the warehouse. "Rayne!" Sylvester snarled after her.

"He does have her!" she snapped back.

He frowned at the certainty in her voice and sighed heavily. Dammit. I really can't blame her, I'd be the fucking same. Instead, he followed after her, letting his hands get warm but didn't yet actually make a fire. "Do you have a plan?"

"Get her out," she replied bluntly.

"Yes, wonderful plan," he deadpanned back to her.

"'The hell do you suggest?"

"I fight, you hunt her down."

"If you're sure," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:35 pm

"Delilah, could you come out here?" Zedekiah called back into the warehouse. "We have company."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Delilah sighed and set her book aside, ripping a bit of the sheet on the bed she'd been on to use as a placemark, and stood up, leaving the room and was beside him in the next moment. She looked around and then to him expectantly. 

Not a moment later, Sylvester slid in, his eyes on them after he did a quick scan of the room. Could be spirit, but he's damn talented hiding a woman in here if she actually is here. Rayne came in not long after him, silver stake in hand as she scowled at Zedekiah.

"Where is she?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Zedekiah motioned to Sylvester. "I thought you might like to see that your friend managed to reattach his arm and jaw, love."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Rayne does not appreciate this, Zedekiah.

Delilah frowned at Sylvester. "Pity, perhaps I should've killed you then," she said. 

"You probably should've. I'm a stronger Moroi than a Strigoi," he replied.

Delilah blinked. "Is that so?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 pm

"Dear Rayne, I believe we should step back," Zedekiah said with a leer, taking a few steps backward.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Rayne scowled. "Where the hell is my mom!?"

Delilah stepped up to him, but a fireball formed in Sylvester's hands. She frowned. "I see," she acknowledged. 

"Still want to try?" he asked her.

"I'm obligated to end you," she said simply.

Sylvester smirked faintly and held his arms out. "End away," he replied.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:53 pm

"I spoke to her on the phone a week ago or so. I expect she's at home filing some paperwork or something, Rayne."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:39 am

Rayne scowled even more and sighed.

"Told you," Sylvester called.

"Fuck you," Rayne called back.

Delilah rushed forward as Sylvester actually crushed the fireballs in his hands and jumped aside. She flashed her fist out for his face, and he barely dodged it, but was caught by a follow-up punch to his right side. He let out a gruff grunt, almost staggering back, but he managed to dodge back from her consecutive punches to his chest. 

He eventually managed to snake behind her and punched at her back, his fist cradling a fireball and hoping to hit her back. However, she managed to reach back, twist his arm, and actually flung him over her and slammed him into the floor. He let out a groan, and she stomped her foot down for his head. He flung himself out of the way, and swung his leg in an arch to create an arched wave of fire at Delilah when she started to follow. She moved out of the way, and in that time he flung himself at her.

Knocking her to the floor, he gave her his own barrage of punches, one after another, until Delilah managed to catch his fist. She snarled in anger and overpowered him, hooking a leg under him and kicking him off and away. He flew, hitting the ground with a thud, wincing as he hit, and slowly got up. Delilah was suddenly in front of him, lunging for his neck. He caught her by her shoulders, keeping his neck out of reach, and let his hands heat up.

She flinched back then, and he threw a fiery punch to her head. She dodged back and went to kick him in the knee, but he pulled out of the way in time. As he moved, Delilah was in front of him, grabbing him by his shoulders this time. Instead of him being able to pull away, Delilah sank her fangs in and, instead of draining him, ripped her fangs through his neck and shoulder, finally prying out a shout of pain from Sylvester. 

He managed to shove Delilah back, and took several quick steps back from her as he held a hand to his neck. Holy fuck that hurts...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 am

Zedekiah watched, smiling in utmost glee as Delilah rampaged, at one moment seeming to lose the upper hand but then regaining it effortlessly. He frowned at Sylvester's finesse, however, but he didn't let it bother him seeing as Delilah kept up. It was at the end when she ripped her fangs down his neck that he finally let out a small laugh and clasped his hands together in glee. "Beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 am

(I...lost all of it. All of it.

fucking....fucking paragraphs, I'm crying right now.)

--------------------------------------------------

Rayne watched the fight in awe, shock, and admiration, watching the two push and pull effortlessly against the other. Remembering back to Vladimir's words about Delilah, Rayne figured that whoever had had her before her Awakening was lucky. Of course, though, there was Sylvester. He was strong even as a Strigoi, but now he seemed more refined, more at home than he ever did before. On top of that was his use of the fire, she'd never seen a Moroi really use their element under battle stress, and to see it now, first-hand...

She finally let her eyes wander over to Zedekiah at his little laugh, and she stared at him. What the shit, man? she asked him. Jesus, you're strange...

Delilah, having totally dropped concern for both Rayne and Zedekiah, watched Sylvester's stance. She watched how he held his wound, how he had himself poised. She saw how his muscles tensed, how they oh so slightly relaxed, just a tad...

She was suddenly on him. He let out a cry of surprise and held up his other, injured arm, catching her by her throat. Undaunted, she pounded a fist into his chest, eliciting a cry of agony from Sylvester as he felt his rib break. Or was it ribs...? Holy fuck! He threw her back, then having to hold a hand to his chest.

At that point, Rayne tightened her grip and went to step closer. As if sensing her coming, Sylvester held up his bloodied hand. "Don't. Just stay back, Rayne." Reluctantly, she obeyed, sending a cautious glance over to Zedekiah.

Delilah watched him take a breath and steel himself. He'd gained resolve, and sought, to her, to finish this battle to the bitter end. So be it. She would "end him away" as he said. She rushed forward, and he tried to watch her, but she was suddenly gone. Before he knew it, he was sent face first into the hard floor of the warehouse, Delilah pinning him down. He let out another yelp of pain as he was sent to the floor, and Delilah sank her fangs in. But, it was the opposite shoulder, ripping and cutting down into his shoulder. Sylvester reached back and grabbed her by the nape of her neck before he flung her off towards a wall.

She let out a cry as she hit the wall, though it was more of an impulse than actual pain. Delilah stumbled away from the wall and looked up to where he was sprawled out on the floor. Or had been. Out of the corner of her eye, and faster than she could move away, Sylvester was there, baring down on her with a bright ball of heat leading his charge.

She was gone in a split second, but showed herself again, at least two feet away from him. However, she had a good portion of her neck and left shoulder charred thanks to him, and she looked pissed to shit about it. He returned her livid glare with a grin as he tossed the ball in his hand. "Care to keep dancing?" he asked with a chuckle.

She replied with a violent, vengeful snarl. He rushed her this time, letting the blaze in his hand grow hotter and brighter, to the point that it's core was now a soft, but strong shade of azure blue. She watched him grow closer and closer, only managing to move at the literal last second. In response, he swiped his hand out. Her eyes followed the flaming pyre as it narrowing missed her face by inches.

Sylvester pressed his advantage as much as he could, continuing to go after her relentlessly. However, she eventually had enough and jumped back. The two watched each other, trying to guess what the other would do, when Delilah finally made a bold move. She went forward, and he braced himself from and attack from the sides, but instead, she feinted to the right but drove her elbow into his chest, driving it home. Caught off guard, Sylvester let out a cry of pain due to his ribs, but held his ground.

Sylvester brought his hand down towards her back, the blaze hungry for her flesh, but with the elbow she'd plowed into him, she jabbed up to his arm and successfully lodged it into the crook of his elbow, effectively stopping him from moving that arm. With her free hand, she bunched her hand into a fist and punched it up into his jaw. His head snapped back from the force, but he let out yet another cry as his lower jawbone broke. N-No! G-God, again!?

Sylvester stumbled back, the inferno in his hand dying out, and Delilah went to deliver the final blow to him. She walked towards him, rage utterly consuming her now. Rage that this Moroi dare to put up such a fight, rage that he'd not only held his own against her but harmed her. He watched, still continuing to take steps back from her as she closed on him. She grabbed him by his shoulder, coincidentally the one she'd ripped off months ago, and dug her fingers in to his skin once more, very quickly digging in her nails and drawing blood.

"You will leave only in pieces!" But, unfortunately for her, her rage blinded her from the wooden stake he plunged into her chest. She let out a cry that was cut short as Sylvester twisted it in.

"Sorry, not on agenda today," he managed roughly. He kept his grip on the stake, and let his hand grow hot enough that it caught fire. The fire trailed up the stake to Delilah, and he backed off from her as her clothes were the next thing to light. Already hearing Zedekiah's shrieks of anger and rushing footsteps to Delilah, Sylvester turned and took off to Rayne, who met him half way and took off for the door with him. Before Zedekiah could catch up to them, Rayne kicked the door open and pulled Sylvester out.

"Holy shit, Sylvester!" Rayne gasped when they were out.

"F-Farther," Sylvester struggled to say. She only nodded and kept leading him on, eventually getting out of sight completely of the warehouse.

"Vester," Rayne said softly. "Are you going to be okay to go back?" He gave a weak nod but started to slump against her.

"F-Faster," he wheezed.

-

Eventually, the two managed to arrive back before dusk to the Court. Immediately, Rayne brought Sylvester into the hospital. She flagged a nurse down, explaining that Sylvester and her had been out when they got ambushed by some Strigoi, and watched reluctantly as the nurse led him off. He was showed into a room, and he sat and laid back on the bed without any invitation. He closed his eyes, his entire upper body throbbing with pain, and let out a shaky breath. Oh my fucking God...

---

(Rewrote up to where his jaw breaks plus that within an hour. 3-4. Original post apparently took about the same time, likely. Fucking God though, I was so angry. There's a thing on this comp where if I'm not typing, or in a typing window, and I hit the back button, most times it will back me to the previous page. I think my mouse was on the outer edges, it clicked somehow, I hit back space without realizing, lost fucking everything.)
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 am

(o m f g. I do not blame you. I would've been bawling. *HUGS* I'm sorry about that. Jesus Christ... D: > On the bright side, it's still pretty fucking awesome. And... Just damn. It's so awesome. ;_; )

Zedekiah watched the battle as though he were watching a movie. Each time Sylvester was hurt, his lips twisted into a grin and he had to literally fight off his own ridiculous cheers. All he needed was a human here and he'd have dinner and a show. He would've gone for Rayne, but that would mean getting caught up in his own fight and he wasn't in the mood. So he settled for watching.

Then she hit the wall. Zedekiah gritted his teeth, his eyebrows furrowing in the smallest hint of concern. Then she seemed fine, but the Moroi was too close, and he himself felt the faint resonations of burns on his shoulder. He didn't want to, but he let the bond stay open lest, on the very off chance, this fight go awry. His smile was gone, and he watched emotionlessly, giving the faintest of glares to Sylvester.

Of course, his smile returned when Sylvester cried out in the pain of his jaw breaking. "Nothing but pain," he maundered under his breath. "Slow and consummate." His glee rose as Delilah dug her nails into his chest, and he straightened up where he was, his body taut as he waited for her to rip this confident, powerful, but still weak Moroi apart. How dare he think he could hold up a fight to either of them? He fought dirty, as he had when he'd almost killed Zedekiah. It was time he paid for that, high time. If the lost arm and jaw hadn't broken his spirit, he just needed to be broken completely! Now, Delilah!

A gasp ripped from him, one he hadn't meant to release, as he too felt the wooden stake make its home in Delilah's heart. He shook the paralysis off and let out a deep, thundering snarl, but it quickly turned into shout of surprise and horror as the stake caught flame. He closed the bond then--keeping it open would only hinder him. He flew across the floor to Delilah, grabbing her around the waist and ripping the stake from her chest, then proceeding to very literally rip the pieces of clothing away that had gone ablaze. When the most considerable areas were gone, he spent the rest of the time brushing out the smoldering pieces of fabric and lowered her to the floor.

In that time, Rayne and Sylvester had already escaped. Into the daylight. His fists quivered in anger and he let out yet another snarl, this time the intensity causing shelves to rumble and smaller items upon them to fall within the warehouse. You're dead. You are dead. He glared outside after Rayne and Sylvester, and finally let out a shriek of rage, punching his fist clean through the wall of the warehouse until it broke to the other side. That was his own stupid mistake, and sunlight filtered over his hand. His shriek of rage then escalated to a shout of pain as he yanked his hand in, holding the scorched flesh.

At last, he returned to Delilah's side, waiting for her to wake.

Inevitably, his anger for Rayne and Sylvester began to boil in respect for a different source. How could Delilah made such a mistake? How could Delilah have lost to a Moroi? That was unacceptable! It was improbable! It was something she must have done on purpose! She'd fucking annihilated him as a Strigoi, and Strigoi were fifty times more powerful than Moroi. She lost on purpose. It was impossible to lose to a Moroi, despite the control they held over their element! She did it because she was still angry about the day before.

He began to quiver in hatred. She'd taken a fucking stake to her heart out of revenge against him. It seemed ridiculous, but he didn't put it past her. How fucking dare she?! After he'd shown genuine concern for her! After he'd offered to take time out of his day to go get her mother fucking books for whatever cheap interest they gave her. "I should shove it back into your chest," Zedekiah growled softly, simply waiting for her to awaken.

(Wow, Zed's happy.)

-~-

Claire had been running an errand for one of the doctors, pushing a table through the halls when she watched Sylvester be led into a room, his entire posture ridden with pain. She stopped, unwanted curiosity welling up inside her. As the nurse who led Sylvester to the room passed her, Claire held a hand out.

"Meredith, I can handle him. I know you're sheepish about it," Claire said with a soft voice. "I've handled him before."

"You would do that?" Meredith asked with a relieved smile she was trying to hide.

"Yes, it's fine. Just take this to the third floor, room 28B. What happened though?"

"They were ambushed by Strigoi."

Claire pushed the table to her, and Meredith took it gladly, taking over and starting for the elevator. Claire paused before she headed down the hall to Sylvester's room and slipped inside, going over to the bed to examine him. She took stock of the sunken look to his chest, to the blood all over his shoulder and neck, the misalignment of his jaw.

"Holy fucking hell."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:50 am

Delilah finally awoke a good 10 minutes or so later, flinching in pain and letting out a soft groan. Immediately sensing Zedekiah's rage, she said softly, "I-It was my fault. I g-got too caught up." She flinched again and shut her eyes. "M-My apologies..."

---

Sylvester laid as contently as he could on the bed, given his wounds, but he opened his eyes and lifted his head to look up to Claire. Fucking great... He let his head rest back on the bed, shutting his eyes again. Just what I need...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:56 am

"You humiliated us both," Zedekiah growled softly.

---

Claire frowned slightly at his reaction and carefully set her hands over him, beginning to take inventory of his wounds. Once she had a mental count of what she needed and why, and listing them aloud mostly to herself, but for him as well, she asked, "Did I miss anything?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:02 pm

"Y-Yes, I understand..."

---

My pride, maybe. Sylvester shook his head in answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next