You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Rayne frowned. "What about all the other senior guardians that graduated?" she asked. "There's always a lack of guardians, but they could take my place." She frowned even more. Besides, I don't think Diana would be so quick to agree with you.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Claire raised an eyebrow. "That doesn't even make sense."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:10 pm

"I'm trying to say that I wouldn't be missed much."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:15 pm

"The hell you wouldn't. Get out of here, Rayne. You're not quitting just because you messed up. If all guardians did, we wouldn't have guardians."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:26 pm

"Who the hell would want a guardian that got Awakened?!" Rayne growled.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Claire frowned and thought about it. "Hm, how about Christian Ozera and Vasilisa Dragomir?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Rayne opened her mouth to object and glowered at her. "I meant other Royals, Royals like my dad, for example."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:47 pm

"You don't deserve Royals like them."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:51 pm

"So?" Rayne asked. "I'd likely get stuck with someone like that, if they didn't reject me."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm

"Rayne, I'm not discussing this with you!" Claire snapped, slamming her hand down on her desk. "You go look in a mirror and think long and hard about what you would be giving up, as well as the people you would be letting down, if you made this decision, including yourself! Stop wallowing in self-pity and get over it!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Rayne stared at her and looked away, gripping the stake tightly. But I...
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:25 pm

"Now!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Rayne scowled but turned without another word and left, sliding the stake back into it's holder.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:15 pm

A day or two passed. Tiveon and Fee walked along toward the edge of campus, the latter seeming a bit uncomfortable. "Fee," he said, "why do you want to do this again? If it scares you to even think about it..."

"That's why," she said. "I don't want to be scared of it anymore. They're dead, but I feel like they won't be until I prove to myself they won't show up if I go there again." She sighed heavily. Tiveon sighed as well, and they kept moving toward the wards, Tiveon growing more and more anxious as they went. He self-consciously brushed his stake as they went on.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Rayne had been laying on her back in front of a statue of St. Vladimir, staring up at it as she simply talked to it. She wanted to vent, but didn't want to involve anyone else. So, she'd gone outside, wandered the campus until she'd found a spot with hardly anyone around, and just started talking to the air. She'd had off-handedly remembered seeing once upon a time that something like this was kind of stress relieving, like screaming just for the sake of doing it.

"I just don't really know what to do anymore," she sighed up at the statue. "I-" She froze at a shiver in her hand from Tiveon's brush of the stake and looked down at her hand. He'd touched it? Why? She looked around, and say their fleeting figures disappearing into the trees. The hell? She sat up and frowned, then looked up at the statue. "Of course, then he does stupid stuff like this. I should've told Frie he's basically just throws himself at Strigoi like he's waiting to see what happens." Rayne hopped up to her feet and dusted herself off. "I guess I'll be back in a little bit." She took off at a jog to follow after the two of them.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Tiveon and Fee kept going until they reached the edge of the wards. Fee glanced back at him. "You don't have to come," she said.

"It's fine," Tiveon responded quietly. "C'mon. We shouldn't stay too long, though."

"Right." Fee nodded and took a deep breath before stepping beyond the wards. Tiveon followed, touching his stake again, and followed her as she walked among the trees. Eventually she slowed down and knelt beside one. "It looks different now, a little, but this is it... I'm sure of it."

Tiveon looked like he wanted to say something, but he stayed quiet. Fee straightened and leaned against the trunk of the tree, closing her eyes and tipping her chin toward the sky. A small tremor passed through her, but she took deep breaths until she finally relaxed. Slowly, Tiveon went to stand next to her and looked around.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

How could he be so stupid? That was a stupid question to ask in the first place. He bent backwards for Fee, just like he did for Diana, while Rayne was left getting shafted over and over again. Now, he was risking his life for her just to go a few feet out of the wards… What an idiot.

Rayne had stalked after them to the wards, watching Fee stare out into the forest near the school. Tiveon was nearby her, watching her as well. Then, she took her first few steps outside the wards. God knew what was out there. Tyler, those fucked up sisters, Hector’s dad… Even that annoying brit could be out there right now. Tiveon followed Fee, and in turn Rayne followed them, taking out her new silver stake. It continued this way for about 20 minutes, and Rayne had counted that they were about 7 or 8 yards from the wards.

Far enough away to be killed or taken by a Strigoi.

~

Sylvester had gone to the school for no real reason other than to make sure there were no new Strigoi hunting there that he was not aware of. That couple had remained in the area. Still lurking, still hunting, but after getting both his jaw and arm ripped off by them, he wasn't about to go after them again anytime soon. At least, no alone. He made his way through the forest, wondering if he'd chance upon any of the students. It was about the time of year that kids would be out of school, or graduated. And kids got bored very quickly.

What he didn't expect to see was Fee. He stopped at seeing her there, watching her and restraining a growl at seeing the spirit user that the two had been hunting after for all that time. She didn't look much different other than her skin. Her eyes were closed, so he was unable to see what color they were now. Hadn't she sworn to kill him? He had admitted to himself that it was out of character for him to have abandoned her like that, but he was far more selfish now than he'd ever been before. He also knew when a battle was lost, and it ended when their 'cavalry' arrived.

So why the hell was she out here? With that twig of a man no less? He let out a huff and was in front of them in the next instant. He snarled, to let her know he was there, and said, "How the mighty have fallen, Fee. You never needed someone to accompany you anywhere, and certainly not a pathetic weakling like him." He spared a fanged grin. "Did you at least get a bite?"

~

Dammit, she knew it! At least it wasn't Tyler. Hell, maybe it was actually a good thing it was Sylvester... Rayne tightened her grip on her stake and started to quietly circle around Sylvester while he was distracted, going slowly as to not alarm him. When she finally got into position, she crouched down, watching and waiting for an opening.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Fee gasped at the sound of the voice above her and shied into the trunk, staring up at Sylvester with huge eyes. Tiveon instantly grabbed her arm and yanked her back, pulling her behind him and whipping his stake out.

"S-Sylvester," Fee stammered softly, staring around Tiveon at him. Y-you don't deserve this either...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Sylvester knocked him aside as if he was a twig, knocking Tiveon out of the way towards more trees. Now. In the next heartbeat, Rayne broke her cover from the trees and sank her stake into Sylvester’s back, but didn’t hit his heart as he’d jerked out of the way at hearing her coming.

Sylvester let out a mighty snarl as he turned his attention to Rayne. His eyes met her’s, and in them, he could see an almost unbridled fury. There was no fear, there wasn’t even a calm determination that more of the skilled guardians had. What he saw made him smirk slightly. It reminded him so much of when she had been the same bloodthirsty monster as he was. 

His amusement was gone in the next second as she lashed out, almost managing to slice the tip of the stake over his chest. Despite her rage, she was more in control of herself than most of a sound mind.

Rayne danced back, almost anticipating Sylvester lurching for her, but didn’t account for him sweeping out his leg to knock her down. Rayne hit the ground and threw herself out of the way of Sylvester’s right foot stomping down on where her head had been. She stabbed out with the stake, sinking it into his leg before he managed to pull away. He snarled down at her, but she only smirked at him. She twisted it once before pulling it out, but in the next second, Sylvester snatched her by her neck with his right hand.

He lifted her up, meeting her eyes, and smirked. “You’ve improved,” he said. She gasped for air and stabbed the stake into the shoulder of the arm he was holding her by, but that didn’t cause him to let go. Instead, he tightened his grip. “But, like most, you’re still far too cocky…”

Rayne gasped desperately, letting out an involuntary cough and scrunched her face in anger. Cocky, huh? Great idea, asshole. Suddenly, putting all her power behind it, she kicked both her feet into Sylvester’s stomach. Unable to keep a grip, he was forced to let her go, and she fell back.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Rayne! Tiveon thought, starting toward her, but Fee grabbed his arm.

"You do not want to get involved in that," she told him.

"But-"

"Come on!" Fee insisted, yanking him backward toward the wards until they were safely behind them to watch the fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:22 pm

He let out another snarl, an angry snarl that’d make most seasoned guardians cower in fear, and swiped out for Rayne again. Rayne had been coughing to get air back in her lungs, but had enough sense to move out of his grasp. She stabbed out with her stake, hitting his left arm, but he suddenly grabbed it and threw it deeper into the forest.

Sylvester turned back to her, letting out a soft chuckle, but was met with a punch to his face. He grabbed her next fist and threw her to the ground, but despite her wince, she lashed out at him, hitting him again.

As Sylvester backed up, Rayne slid her wooden stake out and thrust up at his chest. Maybe she couldn't kill him, but it'd give her enough time to get away.

Until something sank into the wood.

Sylvester's hand was closed around the handle of a knife, and he jerked his hand, yanking the stake out of Rayne's grasp. He pulled the stake off of his knife and tossed it into the woods before starting for her.

Fuck my life. Rayne scrambled up, but had to duck away from a flurry of stabs. As she prepared to make another move, Sylvester was suddenly beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and yanking her into him.

And into the knife.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:36 pm

"No!" Tiveon exclaimed, throwing himself forward, but Fee grabbed him and yanked him back once again, with surprising strength. "Rayne!!"

"That's suicide!" she snapped at him. Rayne...! Fee looked out at them in fear. Finally, she said in a small voice, "Sylvester, don't do this; please!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Rayne cried out at feeling it sink into her lower right side, cringing as Sylvester pulled away and backed off from her. Choosing to ignore Fee, Sylvester couldn't help but ask with a smirk ,"Not so fun getting stabbed, is it, kid?" She immediately pressed a hand to her side, hearing Tiveon and Fee farther off.

You want to play like that, huh? Rayne narrowed her eyes and jumped aside as he sliced out for her stomach, but he rammed into her, sending her to the ground. She cried out again, trying to hide a wince as pain rippled through her.

Sylvester was straddling her in the next second, stabbing the knife down at her face. She clamped both of her hands around his, the knife inches away from her. She heard both Fee and Tiveon yell, which made her set her jaw.

You are not beating me! She pushed up against him, barely moving the knife away from herself and scowling angrily. I am going to rip you apart. Rayne forced him back more, which seemed to cause him to put more power behind it. However, a sudden jerk from her caused his hand to twitch, and she forced the knife up into his chest.

Sylvester snarled in pain, reeling back from Rayne. But before he got away, Rayne lurched after and grabbed the knife. She pulled it out as he pulled away from her, but he hadn’t seemed to realized she’d taken it. He touched a hand to his chest and looked back, scowling at not seeing her on the ground. But he then smelled her behind him.

Rayne’s arm latched itself around his neck, and he felt the steel of the knife embed itself into his back, pull out, and do it again. Several times this happened, over and over; Rayne stabbing the knife in, pulling it out, and stabbing it in again.

After about the 15th time, Sylvester managed to grab Rayne by her jacket and fling her off towards some trees, but he’d noticeably slumped forward. Rayne yelped as she hit a tree and slid to the ground, her back pulsing with pain. She’d dropped the knife as well, and looked up to see Sylvester just standing there. Everyone was still for several moments after that; with Rayne and Sylvester waiting to see who would make the first move.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Once again, Tiveon attempted to move toward Rayne, but with an annoyed growl, Fee pulled him back. The two of them stayed silent now, their gazes alternating between Rayne and Sylvester.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Finally, eventually, Sylvester took a step back. His gaze, having been kept on Rayne, shifted to Fee. He watched her for a moment, before saying to Rayne, “You win, but as I’m sure you’ve learned, you won’t be able to stop it every time.” And just like that, Sylvester was gone. Rayne narrowed her eyes and struggled up to her feet, having to use the tree to bring some balance to herself. Despite her wounds, the fight had helped her feel a little better, help her relieve some stress.

More than either of the two people she just saved had done lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next