You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Tyler laughed quietly as well. "Unfortunately," he said. "Makes me a little jealous." He nipped at her neck playfully.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Rayne felt the small hint of the endorphins and grinned a little. "But you've got me now, don't you?" Rayne asked with a chuckle.

-~-~-~-

He sighed heavily. This was the worst part of the job. He dialed the number of the St. Vladimir Academy, the place where his patient had come from. He'd been asked specifically to contact the school after they'd gotten her stable, and while they'd managed that, she hadn't to woken up. He sighed and shook his head, putting the phone to his ear. Queen Vasilisa had been informed of his patient coming, because of her condition, and she had actually managed to heal her arms, her back, and her head trauma, as well as the damage to her throat and nasal passages. But still... whatever had happened was severe enough to keep her under. He'd never seen anything like that before. Most guardians who came in had bad trauma, but this was one of the worst cases he'd had.

When Claire finally picked up the phone, he said, "This is Dr. Abel, with the hospital at the Court. I'm calling about Diana Russel, are you free to talk? I have updates on her condition."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 pm

"That I do," he purred, nuzzling his head into hers and trailing his fangs over her jaw.

-~-~-~-

Claire froze the moment Diana's name left Dr. Abel's mouth, and she took a slow breath. "If I could, I would have you wait for just a moment to let me contact those closest to her here on campus."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Rayne grinned even more as she felt his fangs and whispered softly, "Will the two of us ever leave the other? We're a little like Bonnie and Clyde, you know. But we admittedly have cooler names."

-~-~-

"Uh, yes, of course," he said. "Go ahead."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Tyler laughed quietly. "Much, much cooler names."

-~-~-

Claire set the phone down carefully and walked out of the room she'd been in, only to see Timur already in the waiting room, shifting a pack of cigarettes from hand to hand. She stared at him, and he looked up at her, straightening up. "Any word?"

Claire blinked. "Um. Yes. Tiveon-"

"I'll text him," Timur responded, already pulling his phone out and sending a quick text. Claire frowned at Timur, at his disheveled hair and clothes, the slight shake to his hands. Claire chose not to say anything, and about a minute and a half later, Tiveon walked into the clinic. Claire motioned the two of them back into the room and put the phone on speaker, clearing her throat.

"We're back; I'm sorry about the wait," she told Mr. Abel. "The news?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:48 pm

"The coolest!"

-~-~-

Dr. Abel cleared his throat. "When we received Diana, Queen Vasilisa was notified because of the severity of the wounds. She was able to heal up the wounds on her arms, her back, her head..." He trailed off, looking for the right words. "However, she hasn't awoken yet. The head trauma was severe enough that she very likely has slipped into a coma. With the amount of damage she sustained... She will likely be under for a long time. However, it's difficult to say for sure, as it really just depends on the person and the injury. My guess would be a few months," he finished. If she doesn't stay under for years.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:55 pm

"Always and forever!" Tyler kissed her, grinning against her lips.

-~-~-

"A coma?" Timur rasped. He held a hand to his head and let his head hang forward, shutting his eyes tightly. "No, no, no..."

"Lissa wasn't able to heal the head trauma?" Tiveon asked quietly. "What...what about visitors? Will visitors be permitted?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Rayne kissed him back, grinning against his lips.

-~-~-

"No, she wasn't," Dr. Abel said. "She can have visitors, yes."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:04 pm

"Oh, man...killing Chloe would be so much fun..."

-~-~-

"Is there anything else medically?" Claire asked.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:29 pm

"It really would be. God, she already looked fucking freaked out when we awakened."

-~-~-

"Not that we were able to deduce, no. There are a few more tests we would like to run, but we have to bring that up for consideration with the Moroi that she was assigned to," Dr. Abel explained. "She had extensive damage to her arms and right wrist and while Queen Vasilisa was able to restore it to normal, we'd like to make sure for certain there's no complications we weren't able to see."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:39 pm

"Give her a taste of her own fucking blood whore medicine..."

-~-~-

Timur remained still for a few moments. Suddenly, he stood and left the room, marching out of the clinic. Tiveon stared after him and glanced at Claire for a few moments. He sighed quietly. "Thank you, Doctor," he said, rising to follow his brother. Claire watched them go, a deep frown set in her face.

When they were gone, she asked, "A few months? Were you being serious, or generous?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:52 pm

"Yesssss."

-~-~-

"A little of both," he muttered. "I would say a few months, but there's a real possibility that she could be in a coma for years."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 pm

"Not sure I'll get as...artsy. As you did."

-~-~-

Claire let out a sad sigh. Diana... "Thank you so much, sir," she murmured. "I imagine you're going to have two very frequent twin visitors."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:01 pm

"You should... It's fun."

-~-~-

"I'm sure she'd appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:31 am

"I'm not really one...for that. You know that. I'm sure I'll find other methods of enjoying it."

-~-~-

"Thank you, sir," Claire said. "We'll be in touch." She remained silent for a moment, and then hung up, clasping her hands together and taking a deep breath.

("Now who am I supposed to ward off the male students with? :c ")

-~-~-

"Timur!" Tiveon called, following his brother until they reached the dorms. Timur continued to ignore him, walking inside and heading toward Tiveon's room without a word. "Timur, please tell me what you're doing," Tiveon insisted. There wasn't chaos in his aura as there had been, more like...determination. But what was he planning?

"How much are the flights to Court?" Timur asked out of the blue. Tiveon stared at him.

"When we researched it before the senior class trip to Court, we found that one adult going for about a week--the default--was $400." Tiveon cleared his throat. "Timur, I'm sure the school will pay--"

"Not consecutively," Timur cut him off. "For maybe once a few months? Sure. But not consecutive." He walked over to the couch and knelt beside it, yanking out an unopened box of cigarette cartons from under it. "Where did you stash my alcohol? I need to know. I'm not going to drink it."

"Not right now, but you--"

"Will sell it."

"--will event--what?" Tiveon was certain his jaw dropped to the floor, but he couldn't bring himself to care. "You're going to sell your alcohol? ...And the cigarettes?" he assumed, glancing at the carton. Timur didn't really deign to answer, turning to look at Tiveon and waiting for an answer of his own. Tiveon frowned at him uncertainly, but finally replied, "It's in the teachers' lounge. I'll get it later, but evening classes are starting soon and...I have to go," he grumbled. It's the only excuse I have so the headmaster won't start interrogating me about Diana.

"I'll get it on my own," Timur said. "I won't be here when you get back."

"Where are you going to be?"

Timur grabbed his wallet and cellphone off the arm of the couch and shoved them into his pockets. "This'll be the last time I ask you, God willing," he mumbled. "Can I borrow $100?"

"What the hell for?"

"No, wait, never mind." Timur walked over to Tiveon's closet and pushed it open, filing through the plethora of dress shirts and not looking too enthused about it. "Can I borrow an outfit?"

"Um." Tiveon wasn't sure what to make of this, but he nodded hesitantly after a moment. "I guess."

"Thanks. Be back tonight." Timur snatched one of the shirts and a folded pair of pants out of the closet, walking out of the room with the cigarettes folded under his arm. Tiveon watched him go in bemusement.

So went the next few days. Tiveon only saw a little of Timur at dawn, when he was getting ready to go to bed, and Timur was getting ready to leave yet again. But about a week later Timur returned in the early morning with another outfit in hand, tossing it onto the couch and collapsing back.

"What is that?" Tiveon asked, having been fixing the collar of his shirt for the oncoming day.

"For work," Timur responded, closing his eyes. "Start in two days. Can I have a shot of that nasty hard lemonade shit you hide? I think I deserve that, at least."

Nasty? So that's why you never stole it. Tiveon rolled his eyes and went to get the drinks. "Well," he mumbled, "congratulations, Timur."

-~-~-~-

Todd Sinclair wasn't used to these jobs. He didn't really go out into the field in huge Moroi communities and it pissed him off that he'd been sent into their territory. What pissed him off further was that he'd been sent because of Strigoi attacks! What the hell? Why was he being sent into the lion's den?! Todd fingered the cigarettes sitting in front of him on the bar, his other hand clutched around a glass that he hadn't really drank from.

This wasn't really helping him wind down after all. Then again, feeling eyes on the back of his neck wasn't helping him relax either.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

"I'm sure you will too," Rayne said softly.

-~-~-

A few days later, Rayne had left Tyler alone to do his own thing, insisting she wanted to hunt alone. She'd found a human, an Alchemist from the looks of it, by himself and hanging out at a bar. While she didn't know a whole lot about them, she knew it was strange that he would be drinking and smoking. She had followed him in, observing him and the other humans in the bar, but would always bring her gaze back to him.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:51 pm

At some point, Todd suddenly stood, shoving the cigarettes into his pocket for the excuse to grab onto a burning solution tightly. He was being watched and he didn't like it. He didn't want to leave, but who knew how many other Strigoi might be lingering around, if that was what kept its eyes on him?

He started toward the door, throwing his gaze around cautiously, jaw set. Damn it...
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Rayne grinned at seeing him leave, but didn't dare move herself, yet. Where are you going after this, Alcehmist?
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Suddenly someone slid into the seat beside Rayne so their shoulders were touching. "A bad target," he mumbled to her. "Alchemists should be avoided."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Rayne frowned and looked up at the stranger. "Why should we care?"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:39 pm

You. You were the one she held such malice for in her memories. Zedekiah frowned back at her analytically. "Let's say you go kill him." He nodded his head after Todd. "Whether you hide his body or just leave it where you kill him, the Alchemists will find out. They will swarm this territory, along with guardians from the Moroi Court. They will sweep through here until all the Strigoi have either fled or been eradicated."

He sighed. "They will go around to bars and shut them down for bullshit reasons, but it's so that we don't have the prey we can normally access. The Alchemists will release public service announcements about burglars or serial killers, and suddenly all of the neighborhoods will have alarms and their residents will have firearms. Killing an Alchemist is a surefire way of ensuring we have to move, and I'm quite comfortable where I am, Miss."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Rayne frowned as he went on and sighed. "So, what the hell do you suggest, then? I'm still hungry."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Zedekiah smirked. "I'm sure you know that drunk humans have rather diluted blood," he said, "but drunk humans have one thing lead to another. A couple went out to a car behind the bar earlier, and I'm sure they're finishing up. Though they're drunk, their blood will still taste better at this point. It always does when they finish."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Rayne tilted her head thoughtfully. "Never tried it. I guess I will."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Zedekiah stood up. "I'll show you." He began to slip through all of the people around them toward a back door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next