You two shall bear witness to the end of the world, and what comes after. But not alone... no. Two orphans that aren't orphans, a betrayer that has been betrayed, and a sibling of a traitor shall bear witness alongside you.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vampire Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 pm

"Not without effort..." He set his jaw and braced himself against further pain. "Y-you...didn't deserve it..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

Location : "The blood of the anointed shall be the undoing of the world."

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Why just think this now? Rayne frowned again. "If it puts you in more pain, let me shoulder some of it. It's okay, I've gotten used to it."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

Location : All you dreams come true in another dream you live; everywhere you go would be the place where you belong...

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Tiveon shook his head. Stubborn lil guy. Skippy time.

After about fifteen minutes of Tiveon generally trying not to start bawling, he finally noticed a change. His head wasn't throbbing as badly. He could see without the entire world looking broken in half. There weren't shadows crawling into his vision anymore. He let out a long sigh of relief and dared to look straight at Rayne, and was pleased to see her image didn't start spinning. "It's working..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Rayne offered a smile then herself. "I told you that it would work."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:47 pm

"Thank you," Tiveon whispered, staring into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Rayne shook her head. "It's nothing," she said softly. She took the new pile bottle that she's gonna say Claire left and handed it to him. "Here."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Tiveon looked down at it and took a deep breath. "I think I'm going to start bringing the pills when I have my checkups..."
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 am

Rayne snickered softly. "Might be a good idea."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 am

*~*~*~*~*~*The Next Day*~*~*~*~*~*

Under Claire's orders, Tiveon was to take the next three days off from teaching. He used the time to tinker around with his new ability to control what Rayne did or didn't receive from the bond, and since he knew she wouldn't be paying attention in class anyway, he texted her, questioning the results (probably to her ire). The day went well, though Claire did give him one warning:

"This is a really quick transitions. Stimulants to anti-depressants in less than twenty-four hours... This isn't like a double dose. This is a flip-flop. I can probably be certain there will be a few adverse affects. Please, call me or come see me if and when they start."

He promised he would. He didn't know he wouldn't be capable when the time came. Even when he started seeing the shadows later that night, he disregarded them. The pills, he reminded himself.

*~*~*~*~*~*The Day After That*~*~*~*~*~*

That morning, he woke with a horrific headache. Worse than the one from two nights before. Twice as worse. Ten times worse. It reduced him to tears within seconds. Almost instantly, his sanity began to follow.

The walls were dripping water. Blood. Closing in on him. Needles were coming out. His skin was bubbling again, begging to be sliced open despite the scars already on his wrists. The shadows crept closer and closer and closer, and this time he had no escape. With a sob of pure, unadulterated horror, Tiveon turned away from it all and hid under his covers like a child, without knowing what else he could do.

He knew it was spirit. (For the moment.) He knew it was his mind playing tricks on him. He knew the headache had to be some sort of illusion, but Christ! He could hardly think. Hardly look around. The world spun before him, even when he closed his eyes, to the point he wanted to be sick. Then Rayne came to mind. God, she was feeling this too. He'd left the connection open. He did his best, trying to close it and block the pain from her...but he couldn't. He cursed out loud, flinching at the sound of his own voice.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. The words became a mantra that let him hold on to whatever sanity he had left. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Last edited by SadieM on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 am

Rayne had woken before Tiveon had, and had gotten ready without really sensing anything wrong from him. He's probably still sleeping, she'd thought to herself before getting to her first class. So, there she was, listening to some rather boring lecture about trigonometry, glancing at her phone in her hand every now and again to see if Tiveon would text her at all.

Then it hit.

It came out of nowhere. She had to choke back a scream of pain as a massive headache hit her and ducked her gaze down to her lap before anyone noticed. Tiveon's awake, she thought a little numbly to herself. When she ducked her head down, she saw her skin was bubbling. Oh, God. She could hear liquids dripping down, and looked up just in time to feel a couple of drops of blood hit her face. She couldn't hide her visible cringe and pulled her gaze away and to the teacher, trying to focus.

But she saw water seeping out of the walls. Something sharp... needles. Needles in the walls. On the walls. Blood everywhere. Spirit. Spirit is doing this, she tried reassuring herself. This fucking bad though? She froze up at hearing his thoughts. Oh God. She struggled out of her seat as the teacher was going on about [insert thing here cause fuck that] and started for the door.

"Ms. Lazar, where are you going?" The teacher asked angrily. Rayne shot her a rather dark look, ignored her, and left, but then kind of lingered outside the door. 

Blood was covering the entire length of the hall's floor.

"Fucking. Shit," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 pm

“Tiveon…” A soft voice, soothing and familiar, sounded just behind him. Tiveon opened his eyes and looked back, freezing at the sight of his mother, holding a cup in her hand, steaming with what was so obviously tea. He stiffened, unsure of what to make of this. His head still hurt, hurt so bad. When he was younger this was what his mother did in the same situation.

He looked around the room. The walls were now silent and still. He glanced back at his mother again, who smiled a little. “Have you fed lately?” she asked. “You can make it all go away…”

“Go away?” he asked softly, reaching out to take the mug. Except when he touched it, its contents turned deep red. He flinched back. Blood, blood everywhere. Again, his mother smiled.

And then she dropped to the floor with a thud. Tiveon yelped and slid off the bed, kneeling next to her, just as blood seeped out from under her form…consuming it…covering it…reaching for him. He backed away as the blood cocooned her and drew her into the floor itself.

With a sick oozing sound, the walls began to seep again. To close in on him. Tiveon gasped for air. He was trapped. He’d be trapped; he had to get out. After managing to yank on a pair of pants and pull on a shirt, forgoing the buttoning of it, he lurched across the room for the door. He cried out as one of the shadows lurched out and sliced his hand open.

If only he knew he’d actually scratched his own hand.

Tiveon darted to his desk, grabbing a stake to defend himself, and slid out of the room to take off down the hall. Where…? His mother told him to feed. He hadn’t fed lately. What if the blood would make all of this stop? Upon that thought, the blood under his skin roiled. Taint. Taint. Taint. He was tainted; he’d infect everyone.

“You’re tainted beyond repair,” a woman whispered as he passed her in the hallway. He skidded to a stop and turned to stare at her, but the moment his eyes rested on her, blood leaked from her mouth and she slid to the ground, just as his mother had. Agony stabbed in his skull, and he yelped, doubling over and holding both hands to his head as a white line zapped through his line of sight, cutting the entire world in half.

He staggered forward like that, no longer at a run but a hobble, using the wall to help him walk as a sick screeching sound played a symphony in his mind.

“Tainted,” a man hissed as Tiveon passed, before dropping to the ground.

“Dead to the world!” a woman cried, charging at him; but when he prepared to dodge out of the way, she dropped. Dead bodies dropping everywhere. Auras floating up from their corpses, black and dirty because of him; gray and no trace of white innocence whatsoever. His own aura had to look like that. He was like them; fading away every second. What could he do? Where could he go? He remembered Rayne again. His spirit had tainted her beyond repair too. He couldn’t fix it.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.

“You can make it end,” the shadows maundered. “You can end it…”

How?!” he cried, a sob wrenching from him. How could this pain ever end? Didn’t he deserve it. Again, the shadows raked his arm, opening up one of his old scars and causing another. With a hiss of pain he backed away and bumped…into the door leading outside.

Tiveon shoved his way out, out of the cramped walls and needles and blood. He stared at the hallway, filled with shadows, and turned around.

He clapped a hand to his mouth to keep from being sick, and this time it was not a sob of agony, but a sob of fear and disbelief that escaped him. The entire school. All the students, all the teachers, lying dead before him. Corpses piled on top of each other, blood everywhere, tainted auras. Because of him. He covered his eyes and backed toward the building again. He’d take the walls any day over this.

A hand grabbed his shoulder.

He flinched, when that heavenly voice spoke into his ear, so soft and so soothing. But the words horrifying.

“You did this to us,” she murmured. “We’re all fading and dying because of you. You can end it. You need blood. Don’t you? You’re so thirsty… You could drink from me again, but that’s why I’m dying in the first place…right, Tiveon? It’s okay, though. I love you. I want to help you.”

“Rayne,” he whispered. She slid her arms around his waist from behind, and he was in no position to stop her.

“You told us about her in history one day when we were talking about former Strigoi…Sonya Karp. How she escaped the spirit,” Rayne reminded him gently.

Suddenly it all seemed so obvious.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Tiveon turned around to look down at Rayne and stared at her for a moment. God, she was beautiful; why didn’t she realize that? Why didn’t she realize? He held a hand to her cheek and whispered to her, “I’m going to make this end.”

I’m going to end it, Rayne. It’s going to be okay.

And though the shadows were still hissing at him, and the corpses were mounding everywhere, the auras seeping toward him to kill him and everyone close to him…though the walls were expanding now to box him in, though there was blood everywhere… He turned toward the feeders’ clinic with new purpose, and another bolt of pain slammed through his head.

Everyone was dying because of him. He saw it in their auras. “Rayne?” he turned to look at her, but she was gone. God, what had he done? It’ll be over soon. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. It’s okay.

He started toward the clinic, stumbling around the piles of corpses laced all along the courtyard.

Last edited by SadieM on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm

"I can do this," Rayne whispered softly. "Tiveon needs me. I can do this." She lurched forward in the blood when the door opened behind her, and the teacher tried to grab out for her. Rayne looked back to see the blood rush into the classroom. The teacher didn't even flinch, nor did the blood out in the hallways seem to ever empty.

"You will get back inside and continue the lesson or I will call the headmaster!"

"Do it then, bitch!" Rayne growled. Several gasps came from the classroom from the other students, making her flinch back. Dammit, dammit... The teacher kind of stared at her but Rayne forced herself to straighten up through the blinding pain. "I'm going, and you really don't want to try to stop me right now." The teacher watched Rayne walk down the hall, forcing herself not to stumble, before she closed the door a second or two later. Rayne let out a heavy sigh and came to a stop then, putting a hand to her head as it pounded. She wanted support desperately, but even out here there was needles and water, and blood. It always followed her!

Spirit. Rayne bit her lip. “Spirit,” she forced herself to say. “I can do this.” She blinked several times to try to clear her vision and force her eyes to focus, only to start to hear a snarl and growl from behind her. She turned around to see Daria standing there, having just come out of nowhere. Rayne grew pale as she backed off. “Fuck, I killed you,” she said to herself. “I burned you, I watched you die-“ Daria lunged for her and she screamed. She managed to grab Daria by her shoulders before she did any harm though and flung her towards one of the walls. Rayne saw the needles go through Daria’s body and she went limp.

“Did that work?” she whispered to herself. Like fuck I’m staying to watch this time. She turned and forced herself to get to the doors, feeling the blood soak through her shoes, socks, and even the cuffs of her jean legs. She finally did get there, and struggled with the door handles. Fuck, fuck… She could feel the walls start to close in on her. Crush her, stab her, kill her. She let out a shaky gasp and flung the doors open, stumbling out into the still, calm, dusky ‘morning.’ The blood rushed out with her, pooling around her feet and she let out a whimper. He’ll be in his room. I have to help him. Little did she know that Tiveon was outside with her as well, but that he was already almost to the feeders’ clinic.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 pm

No one was ever in the clinic during classes. That was why there were no monitors there. The feeders just waited inside for the next break, when Moroi would usually come to feed. That just worked in Tiveon's favor. He shoved his way into the clinic and flinched back as the lights flickered overhead. All of the feeders, sitting in their own little booths with handheld games, books, magazines and the like, looked up when he walked in.

They didn't care that it wasn't normal feeding time. The women just noticed that an incredibly good-looking Moroi had walked in, and instantly set their things aside, smiling at him welcomingly. He stared at them, at the health in their auras. He could not possibly infect them. He wouldn't allow himself to. Tiveon turned his gaze from them and looked down the aisle at the rest of the feeders.

There was one, on the far end. An old man, his hair grayed and his skin literally hanging from his bones. He was one of the retired feeders, Tiveon realized. He'd been drank from far too much to keep giving blood without simply collapsing. His aura was dark, dark gray with the slightest tinge of yellow--of happiness. Happy at the prospect of giving blood. Of death.

His aura was so gone. He would die before the week was out. Tiveon started toward him, fisting his hands at his sides. He flinched, staggering slightly in his walk as pain bolted through his head yet again. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It'll end soon. I promise.

The shadows were still there. Blood still seeped from the walls. But it had all gone silent, waiting to observe his actions.

---

Tyler's chemistry class had been going fine until he heard the sound of a scream outside the room. He would've known that scream anywhere. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked up in shock. Tyler was the first to recover, the first to look back at his Mini-Hindenburg experiment.

Put the match to the bubbles, and it'll flare. One small spark, and flames will fly. He narrowed his eyes and looked at his partner. Andrei was still frowning at the door.

Tyler very quietly picked up the test tube the hydrogen bubbles were seeping out of, freezing when their teacher walked around them to the door. Then he held the bubbles up to the sleeve of Andrei's apron--the one they were all required to wear--and took a deep breath.

"Sure hope there are a few fire users in here," he muttered, then brought the match up. The hydrogen bubbles hissed and burst into small flames, which in turn caught onto Andrei's apron.

With a shriek at the sudden burning, Andrei jumped back and started slapping at the flames. Having effectively caught everyone's attention, they turned to him; and the teacher ran back into the room. Tyler ripped his apron off and ran from the room, in the direction of Rayne's scream. It didn't take long--the search led him out of the building and outside, where she was in his line of sight, edging away from any nearby walls and moving at a sluggish rate. "Rayne!" he called, running to her side.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Why? Why will it end soon? Tell me! Rayne flinched at the sound of his voice and turned to him blearily, trying to get her eyes to focus on him. His shoes and lower pants were soaked with blood too. How could he not notice? She put a hand up to her head again and kind of tipped but managed to stay up right. "T-Tiveon..." She could hear herself slurring. "Tiveon..." she said deliberately, slowly, "needs me. Help me... to his room." She started to see blood drip down Tyler's face from his eyes and mouth and squeezed her eyes shut. No, no, no. It's not real. It's just spirit. Tyler is okay.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Tyler reached out and took her arm, putting it over his shoulders. "Alright," he said gently. "Let's go." He turned and led her away, headed for the teachers' dorms.

---

Tiveon sank into the seat next to the man and watched as he tipped his head back with no complaints whatsoever. He took a few deep breaths, trying to fight back the realization of what he was about to do. But the longer he waited, the longer he just sat there, the darker the man's aura became. The shadows began to move again, and he heard thuds, thud thud thud thud thud over and over and over of falling bodies until he doubled over in his seat, a whimper escaping him. He put his head into his hands, tears brimming and sliding down his cheeks.

End it! the shadows hissed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Rayne sagged against him almost immediately and muttered, "I'm sorry." She felt the headache grow worse and felt tears well up in her eyes. "H-He's been taking the right medicine again... but sh-she said this might happen..." She winced when she heard something drop and looked back, and recoiled into Tyler immediately. People had suddenly started to drop dead all around them. Rayne peeled her eyes away to look ahead of them and let out a shuttering cry as the bodies dropped in front of them. "Oh my God," she whispered. "Everywhere..."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Tyler frowned and actually lifted her into his arms. "Don't look," he said, and started to carry her to Tiveon's room.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Rayne gave no resistance and pressed into him, buring her face to hide from the bodies, the blood, the shadows, the pain... She kind of squirmed in his arms though when she felt something grab around her neck that wasn't him but she forced herself to try to relax. Spirit. It's spirit. Stay strong. Have to stay strong.
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Tyler reached the building and went inside, hurrying down one of the halls to his room and pausing when he saw the door was hanging open. "...Rayne..."

---

End it. End it. End it. END IT!!

With a cry of fear, feeling the hands of the shadows grappling at him and threatening to rip him apart, Tiveon lurched forward. He couldn't wait any longer. Rayne, it's going to end soon; soon it won't hurt anymore, I'm so sorry. He sank his fangs into the man's neck, shutting his eyes tightly as he drank.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Rayne looked up to see the door open too. Fear and anxiety washed over her as she struggled out of Tyler's arms, almost losing her balance when her feet touched the floor. She struggled to his room and sagged against the door frame, looking around. His room was a mess. His desk, normally kept clean and organized was now trashed, as if someone had been looking for something. A sick feeling sank into her stomach but she forced herself in, ignoring the enclosing walls as she fought to get to his bathroom. It gave under her hand, and she held a breath, expecting the worst.

Only, there wasn't anything there. No one was there. She turned back to his room, looking more confused then scared. "Oh God, where are you?" she asked quietly. Then, his thoughts came to her. Just tell me where you are! With more speed than she'd managed before, she got back to his room and said to Tyler, "Hold me up. I have to..." She shook her head. "I have to go into his head. He's not here."
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Tyler went over and lifted her up into his arms again, looking uncertain as he stepped out of the room.

---

"It's okay," Rayne murmured into his ear.

"You'll be okay," his mother said from the other side.

Tiveon felt more tears slip down his cheeks as he drank, doing his best to ignore them yet cling onto the comfort of their voices at the same time; almost able to imagine that the shadows were receding and the pangs were disappearing with the more blood he drank.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Rayne closed her eyes to focus on Tiveon. She let herself relax and when she opened her eyes, she was seeing through Tiveon's eyes. He was feeding off of someone... She heard faint whisperings, mutterings, she couldn't make out a lot of it, but "End it," stuck with her. She started to realize what he was doing. You can't! She pulled herself back and looked up at Tyler with huge eyes. "H-He's in the feeders' clinic!"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Tyler stared at her, his eyes growing huge with horror. "He's not...?" He took off at a run, tightening his grip on her, headed out of the building and for the feeders' clinic.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Rayne ducked her head down as the bodies started falling again and let out a whimper. "H-He's going to...! God, how is it this bad?!"
Back to top Go down
SadieM
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

"How in the fuck could he get that crazy?!"

---

The man sagged under Tiveon's grip, but he latched out and grabbed one of his shoulders, holding him upright. He nearly choked, knowing he needed to more blood, but forced himself to continue anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Academy   

Back to top Go down

Vampire Academy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next